SALT LAKE CITY - October 21, 2014
sPower, a leading renewable energy provider, announced today that Ryan Creamer, CEO, has been selected to participate in the CEO Roundtable tomorrow at Solar Power International (SPI) 2014, the largest solar conference and trade show in North America. sPower is at Booth #545 throughout SPI 2014.
The CEO Roundtable panel, featured during SPI's general session, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time, is comprised of an elite line-up of leaders from top solar and electric power companies. Panelists will share their perspectives on issues vital to the solar industry, which are likely to range from the impending solar Investment Tax Credit expiration to the Chinese panel trade case to YieldCo trends (spin offs of separate, publicly-traded entities used to raise capital) to storage-backed solar.
"I look forward to the exchange of ideas and appreciate the invitation to participate," said Creamer.
This year's CEO Roundtable will be moderated by Keith Martin, Partner, Chadbourne & Parke LLP, in an interactive "talk show" format, with rapid-fire discussion between panelists and audience members. The event is open to the media.
Since its founding in 2012, under Creamer's leadership sPower has achieved numerous milestones, including:
Mergers and Strategic Partnerships
- Acquired Tioga Energy's operating assets (July 08, 2013)
- Tioga Energy carried the banner for standardization and efficiency in the distributed generation market, and it constructed and operated facilities across seven states before being acquired by sPower. sPower acquired distributed generation projects installed on schools, municipal buildings, and commercial and industrial facilities.
- Merged with Fir Tree Partners-backed Silverado Power (February 24, 2014)
- The merger with Silverado equipped sPower with the combined resources, projects, capabilities and capital to compete at the highest levels of the solar energy market.
- Acquired Bosch Solar Energy North American Operating Assets (May 22, 2014)
- The acquisition of Bosch's quality projects complemented sPower's existing distributed generation portfolio.
- Announced Formal Collaboration Agreement to Develop and Acquire UK Utility-Scale Solar Projects with Camborne Capital (September 12, 2014)
- The agreement combines Camborne's knowledge of the UK market with sPower's global power industry experience and access to capital.
- The strategic partnership acquired its first solar PV project on October 7, 2014, a 7MWdc PV project in south Wales.
- Appointed SunEdison Founder Jigar Shah to Board of Directors (August 1, 2014)
- An expert on energy project finance and changing energy policy, Shah guides policy makers around the globe on issues surrounding renewable energy, climate change and sustainability.
- Promoted CFO J.I. "Chip" Everest to President (September 24, 2014)
- As president, Everest is charged with helping maintain sPower's growth trajectory by spearheading a number of development objectives domestically and abroad.
- Appointed former Southern California Edison President and ex-CAISO Chair Bob Foster to Board of Directors (September 30, 2014)
- Foster enabled renewable generation development and lowered carbon emissions in California. He championed the ISO's aggressive "greening" of the grid and more efficient grid planning for renewable energy transmission.
- Partnership with JinkoSolar Brings 34 Megawatts of Solar Power to Antelope Valley, California (October 17, 2014)
- Through the partnership agreement, JinkoSolar will supply nearly 115,000 of their 305W high-efficiency solar PV modules to sPower for the 34MW solar facility, which is comprised of four projects located in Lancaster and Victorville, California.
- Groundbreaking on Suffolk County Solar Project with Borrego Solar (October 20, 2014)
- The project will position sPower as the owner of the largest portfolio of solar facilities under construction in PSEG-LI's Clean Solar Initiative Feed-In-Tariff program.
- Groundbreaking on Little Rock C with First Solar (October 22, 2014)
- The Palmdale, CA facility is the first sPower project to use new First Solar's thin film modules (vs. polycrystalline), which are designed to maximize installation and operational efficiency.
As a result of sPower's aggressive growth activities, sPower now owns and/or operates more than 130 solar energy projects across the country with greater than 1.7GWdc between construction and pipeline and in excess of $30MM in land holdings.
sPower, an AES and AIMCo company, is the largest private owner of operating solar assets in the United States. sPower owns and operates a portfolio of solar and wind assets greater than 1.3 GW and has a development pipeline of more than 10 GW. sPower is owned by a joint venture partnership between The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), a worldwide energy company headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and the Alberta Investment Management Corporation, one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment fund managers. For more information, visit www.spower.com